Google
 

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Ramble.. ramble..

Ramble.. ramble..

Unlike in the past couple of weeks, I've not had many ideas to write of late. Is this what aspiring writers usually call the writer's block? Maybe.. I don't know. I would love to owe part of it to my demanding work schedule, but strangely of late work has not been hounding me as bad. I have to say, April 2005 marks the most entry I've made in a month. Perhaps I should be proud of that.

This last weekend I finally managed to drag myself to do some revision for my ACCA exam this June. Reading the first few pages of my revision notes and book, I could almost hear the chinks of old machinery in my head, as I awoke my brain once again to the art of studying and revision. To be honest, I had never been that great in the art. My days in pre-university and university days were more marked for my escape acts, where I would somehow miraculously made it through my exams unscathed with minimal, close to nil, revision. And to be honest, the results weren't that great either la. I am fortunate however that I will be taking the exam with my wife this time, who has been an excellent motivator-cum-disciplinarian to me. Love you dear... ;-).

Among the highlights of last week which I wished to write about is the end of The Amazing Race Season 7. Feeling a bit sad that the season has come to an end. I guess the winning couple Uchenna and Joyce deserved it. I have to respect Uchenna for his gentlemanly ways. I felt that he never lost his values throughout the race and managed to keep Joyce's spirits high despite of all the obstacles they had to go through. Rob and Amber were also a favourite of mine. Rob was brushing everyone's feathers in the show. There was one episode when they were in India, and they had to push this heavy elephant statue along a busy Indian road. Rob was pulling out Indian kids from the sides of the road and made them push the elephant with him and Amber like no one's business, and then slyly remarked 'it is tough organising Indian labour'. I tell you, the fella is so selamba. Though it was easy to hate him, you can't help thinking that Amber and him were very good and probably were the best to win the race anyway. And who could forget the golden couple, Meredith and Gretchen. I was rooting for them until they got eliminated. They went as far as they could, and it was nice while they were still in it. Mind you, not bad for a couple their age to be in the last four.

Ok la. Back to work!

No comments: