Google
 

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Decisions... Decisions...

Decisions... Decisions...

Life is full of decisions. At the moment, I feel like there is so many for me to make. Decisions to make at work, at home, in my personal life, in my relations with friends and families etc. Suddenly i feel as though I have to make decisions on so many things at the same time that my head feels like bursting.

I guess it doesn't help that I'm the kinda person you can describe as crisis-shirker. Meaning I would usually avoid confrontations, or situations where I would be required to make a critical decision. When the going gets tough, I choose to have a coffee break instead, rather than buff up and get tough. I know it is not right, and I'm still conditioning myself to get better at handling problems life sometimes offers you.

The biggest decision I've had to make this year was buying a new car. Ohh.. haven't I mentioned this before? I decided that I would need a bigger car than my previous 2-door Satria. Thought of making do with wifey's Kelisa in the short term to help our budget, but with car prices expected to go up in the next couple of months, I guess I had to make a move soon. And what car is it?


20050410-4.jpg
The drool-inducing Matrix


At RM74k (on the road price, insurance and additional accessories included), I find it a good steal. We're pretty much in the process of finalising the purchase deal. The only thing that's stalling the process is the fact that I do not yet have enough money to supplement my car loan. I have to cough up an additional RM14k or so to make the deal complete. To be honest, it's not that i do not have the money. Remember the Satria I've offloaded? I actually make around RM20k from the sale of that car. And my inability to get my hands on that money is a problem that stands out like a sore thumb with me now.

Some people say making deals with friends is not so different from dealing with the devil himself. Oh well, ok... I made that up. But really, you know what the attitude is like when you make deals with friends or families. The theme would usually be 'lebih kurang'. 'Alaa... dengan member pun nak berkira ke, lebih kurang je laa...' is the order of the day. The friend or family member you're dealing with would expect you to give them some lee-way if they somehow do not come good with their promise or part of the bargain. And the problem is more often than not, you will end up more on the 'kurang' side than on the 'lebih'. Mana boleh tahann...

I offloaded the Satria to a close friend who promised me to give me the proceeds in a month's time, and mind you, we made this deal in early Feb 05. And now it'd mid April 05 already. What pisses me off is that why did he make such promise when he knew it was going to be difficult for him to come good with it? And what pisses me of further is that I still have to pay the car's loan monthly instalments until the car has been sold. Ok la, to be fair to him, he is selling the car for me and not buying it from me. He does second hand car dealership in his part time you see. But had he been honest with me about what the real scenario would have been, I wouldn't have been so annoyed. I would have at least planned my finances accordingly. Or maybe offloaded it elsewhere.

So let that be a lesson to you Izwan...

On another note, after a looong contemplation, I've finally decided to register for my ACCA exams in June 2005. That proved to be another tough decision to make. Coughed out GBP 153 for the registration just now, so really have to hit the books in the next month and a half.

Not to mention reduce the visits to San Francisco Coffee to stay easy on the wallet... :-(

No comments: