Google
 

Monday, April 11, 2005

Any Given Sunday

Any Given Sunday

For the first time in weeks, yesterday's Sunday turned out to be a normal one for me. Normal in a sense that I could do whatever I wanted to do on any given Sunday. What I'm getting at is that it was the first Sunday in the last couple of weeks that I didn't have to come to the office and instead spent it like anyone would on a normal Sunday.

I think it has a relaxing effect on me already. I'm not as grouchy and as negative come Monday morning. All work and no play does make Izwan a very groucy boy... The Monday blues effect is somehow less. I do believe that to be effective, you have to have a good balance of work and play. But really, when it comes to it, work can be real murder.

Went to Midvalley Megamall with wifey yesterday. Main mission: to get a baby monitor for baby Hannah. We had surveyed KLCC for it, but every store we went that sells baby products seem to have sold it out. Luckily, Jayajusco in Megamall has it, and now my sister could be more flexible to be around the house. The baby monitor showed how practical it could be already yesterday when we were having dinner last night. I had a quick eerie sense when the baby monitor suddenly came to live, the one that sort of reminded you to movies like Signs or The Ring. First came the static sound for the first 10 seconds or so, and then the cries that the baby made. It's a wonderful gadget nevertheless, that it would catch the slightest of sounds the baby makes, but not other light sounds in the background (e.g. the fan, walking movements etc). So it was a day of wonderful discovery for yours truly...;-).

Also bought myself 2 long sleeve shirts for work while in Midvalley. My wife said that my other shirts are getting a bit worn out. So today, i'm wearing one of those I bought yesterday. It gives me that sense of newness today... no wonder I don't feel the blues so much. Hehe... and to cap the wonderful day, we had ice cream at Baskin Robbins before leaving for home. And just to share such a wonderful feeling I had yesterday, I bought 2 more quarts of Baskins to take away home for the whole family.

And that's what I call a real Sunday... ;-)

No comments: