Google
 

Friday, June 24, 2005

TGIF!

TGIF!

Before I knew it, it's Friday again. And thank goodness for that. The week flew pretty fast for me, though I did hope that it could have flown by faster. Hehe... was away from the office on Monday and Tuesday attending a budgeting workshop, and lucky when i came into the office on Wednesday, I was not awaited by another mountain of work as I had feared.

The first quarter of the year is usually rather kind for us in accounts, and with the realignment of duties here, I can afford to not get my hands dirty on everything here. Since I will be in charge of reporting only beginning this month, I won't have to worry about the closing process, theoretically speaking. My notorious senior-colleague will be in charge of that beginning this month. When I asked her what her plan was in preparing for this month's closing, she said she'd just follow through from what she did in previous months, which weren't much. And almost immediately she insisted that I hand over everything that I did for previous month ends' closing to her this month. Oookkaayyy... I just hope this month's closing will not be a disaster. Either that, or I would have to do her work for her again.

By the way, today is my younger brother Didi's birthday. Happy 25th birthday bro! And conveniently, he shares his birthday with a niece and nephew of mind, who will be having their 3rd birthday celebration tomorrow. And the good thing about sharing your birthday with young children, especially young children whose parents hold birthday parties for them, is that your birthday gets celebrated too. With a cake, birthday presents and all. Lucky guy. Though i have to admit that my parents did make it a point to buy me a cake for my birthday last year. Very kind and sweet of them, perhaps since it was going to be my last birthday as a bachelor.

Oh well, have a good day ahead all. Aren't we all glad it's Friday? :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah..Thank God its friday!!! hey...btw ur bro Didi share the same birthday as I am...hahahah...ni kira buat promo sendiri ni..anyway what can I say about cancerian...we are bunch of cool people :P

Izwan said...

Hey Shasha! Is it really your birthday too today? Happy birthday to you then! What a pleasant surprise... were you born in the same year too? I always have good relations with cancer by the way, and yeah, you're right about them being cool, coz my brother is! ;-)

And oh yeah, he's single and widely available too, in case anyone's wondering... hehe..

Anonymous said...

Thank you Izwan!! but as much as I want to be 25..I am not :P
were 25 a few yearssss ago...hehe. So..when is ur birthday?

Izwan said...

Really you're not? I wonder what gave me that impression. But from the way you sond, I could have mistaken you for a 19 year old.. :p.. hehe...

Mine's in August, and so is my wife's. And Insya-Allah, so will be our baby. We'll be the August family! ;-)