Google
 

Monday, June 13, 2005

Not Another Manic Monday

Not Another Manic Monday

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
An I-don't-have-to-run day
It's just another manic Monday


- Manic Monday, Bangles -

It doesn't really feel like a Monday morning today. Most probably due to almost 90% of the office people being away today, on duty for this annual convention that the company I work for organise. I've been wanting to volunteer for the conference since the day I started work here, but there has always been something to stop me from being available to participate. The first year was due to some misunderstanding between myself and the organising committee, and my name got left out at the finalisation of names of participants. Ever since then, my non-participation have been largely due to busy work schedule and I feel even the boss has reservations about me participating. Oh well, I guess I won't mind. It should ensure me a relatively peaceful few days in the office, until the convention ends in 3 days.

Spent the weekend lazing around and not doing much. It felt like a sinful luxury, what after the weeks of exertions preparing for my ACCA exams. The highlight of the weekend was probably attending my cousin's wedding in Subang Jaya. My, listening to the sound of kompangs and seeing the bride and groom walk up the aisle brings back sweet memories of my own wedding all over again. Like I told wifey, it feels only like yesterday when we were just married. Hehe...

The wedding was ok. It is unfortunate however, that some bad feelings were generated from the whole affair. I guess since I belong to the 2nd generation in the family, I might not have felt the pang so much that have come out from the controversies that had arisen. I do not want to speak ill of anyone, and I think it's suffice to say that some matters relating to family affairs could have been done better. I'm not telling people how the whole function should have been conducted, but when one side of the family felt they were being deliberatly marginalised in favour of the other, you can't help feeling unwanted. And then setting up rules like no children under the age of 8 should be brought to the hotel function. That basically ruled out almost 60% of my relatives, and in the end many others just chose to stay away altogether. It is a bit sad that such a sacred event like a wedding becomes a cause for ill-feeling, especially within a family. Many lessons can be gained from here.

Oh well...

The morning's still young, and apart from the rain outside, the signs are today is not going to be like another manic Monday. And in such rarities, I don't have to wish it was Sunday. :-)

Have a good week ahead people!

No comments: