Google
 

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A Reflection

A Reflection

I just got back from a good half hour of jogging. Boy it makes me feel good. Have not had any decent exercise since I began enslaving myself to my ACCA revision a couple of weeks ago. Despite having much more work to do at the office, I decided to put all the work aside and had the much needed exercise.

I have to admit, I've been pretty disappointed with myself this week. With my bosses and most people away from the office since Monday, I had planned to do some catching up with work and get myself ahead. Work had piled up rather consistently, and I have to say that I've been lagging at least a week or two. But with the absence of people in the office, and hence resulting a lack of activities, I had become a bit relaxed and before I know it, people will be coming back to the office tomorrow. Suddenly I feel like the rabbit that loses its lead to the turtle in a race... blimey.

And then there's that notorious colleague of mine. No, no... this is not another bitching exercise. Like I've said, I'm not really used to the practice of bitching about another person, and personally I can't keep any ill feeling towards someone without getting myself distracted from getting on with my life. Whenever I do have this kind of sentiment towards someone, things will start going wrong for me, and I will not be at my best. I will start making more mistakes, losing my sharpness at work, not to mention losing my temper more easily, and suddenly I realise that I'm not that much better of a person either compared to the person I'm complaining about.

Hence I've realised, as I often have in similar cases in the past, I would need to look deeper inside at my own weaknesses, and remind myself that I'm not without the many faults I hate others for either. And perhaps I should be more forgiving to this person. By saying this I'm not going to let the wrong things she's doing to just go on happening. When pointing at other people's mistakes, people rarely realise the fine line between correcting the person and ostracising them. And I feel perhaps I've been doing the latter rather more aggresively than I've ever had. I should therefore put this behind me and deal this better like a man.

Now you see the wonders a half hour jog could do to a man's senses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, a couple of weeks...me..a couple of years!!! cant remember the last time i put my jogging shoes on..but good for you!! can u imagine what 1 hour of jogging can do to you? :)

The tour de europe was wonderful.. enjoyed london! and venice is sooo romantic. U shd consider bringing ur wife there someday.. Paris is so so lah (i better reserved my comments here) and rome is just like a gigantic museum!

Izwan said...

Hehe... you shouldn't get on too long without the decent exercise you know that. I'm not saying this from the vanity perspective, but even more importantly from health perspective. It keeps the mind and body fresh, and as you could see in my case, it brought me to my better senses... ;-)

I was in London for 3 years doing my degree, so I'm now green with envy knowing you've just returned from there. A marvelous place indeed! If only the currency was kinder though.. hehe..

Venice eh? Never had the chance to go there. I was not much the travelling type back then. Will definitely put it in my 'To Do' book for future travelling ideas now. Hehe.. Thanx!

Anonymous said...

You are so right! i totally agree with you. GO JOGGING! in cap..on my 'to do' book..hehehe.

U should plan to visit your uni someday...Ya la..the currency was so mean! We couldn't make ourselves convert the amount to RM especially when buying food..we will end up not eating anything! Nevertheless..i really hope i can visit london again...someday..maybe :)