Google
 

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

Although 2009 is already 19 days old as of today, I hope it is still not too late for me to wish everyone out there a Happy New Year!

The year 2008 has been most eventful and wonderful, for me and those who are close to me at least. Nothing really extraordinary happened, but when you've got your loved ones, your health, a job to ensure the paycheck keeps coming in and a shelter to live in, you can't really say it hasn't been good. Not extraordinary as I've said, but more than enough to make me feel grateful to the Almighty for the other blessings he's given me that could prove elusive to some others. Just read the news at what's happening in Gaza at the moment, and you'll understand what I'm saying. Imagine the price the Palestinians are willing to pay for a quiet night's sleep without the deafening sounds of bombings and the eternal fear. My prayers are with them always.

As far as the resolutions of last year went, there have been modest achievements. If there's anything I've learnt over the last year, is to set ambitious yet realistic targets, and build upon them. Get to know myself better, and work on my strength. I enlisted the things I intended to achieve last year specifically, although looking back while still in 2008 it made me think why I set some of them. Maybe I need to consistently relook and rethink my plans. I guess the theme for 2009 is flexibility, and to be more agile. Only recently has it dawned on me how straight I am as a person. I need to be flexible in learning new things while maintaining what's good in the name of my religion and family.

Here's to a hopefully beautiful year, for everyone, in everything that we do, in every dreams that we aspire to achieve.

May the Almighty keeps us in His blessings and protection always.

Amiin.

No comments: