Google
 

Monday, April 07, 2008

Finally… Launching of my Holiday Blog

It has been a long while since I posted anything meaningful in here. Well, it has actually been just over a month, but if my resolution for this year is anything to go by, the rate of update has been rather poor. But it feels like my excuses are more valid this time, because when I say that I’ve been busy with work this time, I REALLY have been busy with work. Work in my previous place now feels like child’s play in comparison, and I really have been slogging just to survive and meet what is required of me. But it has been a very fulfilling learning experience at the same time, and not to mention humbling. The hard learning experience has somehow made me more receptive to learning and my surroundings and I am happy to say I feel a much improved person altogether.

The last couple of weeks have been rather eventful, and from the look of things to come, so will the next couple of weeks be. In fact just about 3 weeks ago, my family and I went on a vacation in Cherating Kuantan, a vacation which I had planned for as long as last December. We had originally plan to go for the vacation in February, but given work commitments we had to reschedule for a month later. It was a memorable affair by any account, and I have dedicated a specific blog just to capture the experiences that we encountered during that 5 days vacation.

It was actually part of my own personal project really, i.e. to create a new blog specific for the purpose of this vacation. I wanted to capture every tiniest moment that we had, and to capture the experience of the whole vacation in the mode of a road trip. My personal project was probably inspired by some road trip movies I’ve watched like RV and Eurotrip (although the latter is not exactly a good example to model for a family vacation!), and I endeavored to make sure my eyes were open to the tiniest detail. It actually had the effect of making the whole vacation a most memorable one as I was driven to plan our activities more carefully than usual, and was also more receptive to the things we were doing and the environment we were in. It sort of gave me a fresh pair of eyes to view probably the same world that I had been to before, only now I was looking at the pleasures that I could actually extract from our environment if I looked carefully enough.

If there is anything that I’ve learnt from this little project of mine, I would like to be more prepared with my camera the next time. For instance, it only occurred to me that I should have taken more pictures of the scenic views that we encountered along the way of vacation after the event, and even some landmarks of our journey that would probably give the whole trip a dramatic feel. Insya-Allah there will be more such similar vacations in the future, and hopefully yours truly will be better prepared then.

You can find the link to my holiday blog in the sidebar to this blog, or just click here for access.

3 comments:

Umi Kalthum Ngah said...

Assalamualaikum,

Itulah...Lain kali, simpan barang-barang berharga elok-elok (sambil sebelah tangan dicekak di pinggang, sebelah lagi digerak-gerak ke depan ke belakang dengan jari telunjuk dituding) ..Tak pasal-pasal saja si comel tu kena marah..hih! hih!

~Mak~

(Neena Insyirah lah..siapa lagi..kesian kat budak kecik tu!..)

Umi Kalthum Ngah said...

Assalamualaikum,

Itulah...Lain kali, simpan barang-barang berharga elok-elok (sambil sebelah tangan dicekak di pinggang, sebelah lagi digerak-gerak ke depan ke belakang dengan jari telunjuk dituding) ..Tak pasal-pasal saja si comel tu kena marah..hih! hih!

~Mak~

(Neena Insyirah lah..siapa lagi..kesian kat budak kecik tu!..)

Izwan said...

Salams Mak,

(menutup muka malu, dan menggiling kepala keinsafan...).. ye la mak. I will remember the next time..

;-)