Google
 

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Mind Revolts

My mind is currently in a dilemma. A part of it is telling me that I need to focus on the task at hand and complete whatever the tasks that I had set myself to complete when I arrived at the office today at 12.36pm, while another part is saying "Go home you idiot!". After having completed one of the many assignments I have so ambitiously planned to do today, my mind suddenly drove itself into a wall and I have found myself struggling to continue with anything. It was like my mind is saying, "Oy, wait a minute. Isn't this a Saturday? And am I not supposed to be doing something fun instead of looking at Microsoft Excels and Words?".

And with that, I have spent the last 45 minutes or so staring at the cells of the Excel spreadheet blankly, waiting for some inspiration to come. Just when I felt like I was about to punch the monitor right in its centre and risk getting myself electrocuted and reprimanded for damaging office property, I decided to turn on the internet and make a posting here, an action you may say, channeling out the feeling of discontent through creative writing. Hah!

Come on Abah, you can do it!















Need to leave the office soon, and so little has been achieved. Sigh...

2 comments:

Umi Kalthum Ngah said...

Assalamualaikum warahamtullah,

Little Insyirah with you at the office?

You have a natural 'destresser' then!

Neena miss you, cheeky little girl! So does Tok Wan!

Muuaaaah!

Wasalam

Izwan said...

Dear Mak,

Insyirah wasn't at the office with me, although I wish she was. Then I would really have a natural destresser, or additional stress if she decides to run the place upside down as she usually does! Hehe...

Insyirah was helping me place an order online on the computer..

Mr Brown,

I'll give your site a check.