Google
 

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weight Loss Challenge: Week 3

Due to various reasons, I didn't get to post the progress of my Weight Loss Challenge last week. I was preoccupied with the Family Day event last Saturday, and as you would note I wasn't feeling well the day after with high fever, which I suspect was due to the strong coffee that I had on Sunday morning. Or maybe it was the 1 and a half Domino's pizzas which I over-sprinkled with chilli flakes on Saturday night. These potentially dehydrating diet, coupled with the fact that I was probably already dehydrated from the exertions of the Family Day on Saturday, probably contributed to the fever that came upon me almost suddenly on Sunday morning.

Ok lah... Maybe I'm making excuses for missing the update. I didn't exactly feel like weighing myself especially after having that 1 and a half pizza that Saturday night.

In truth, I have not been able to give full commitment to my weight loss conquest these last 2 weeks. The work factor is to blame, and I have been stuck in the office till night time for the most part of these last 2 weeks. I do make a point to at least cycle on Saturday mornings, so I guess all is not lost.

I have also decided to make a slight change to the waistline performance indicator. Well, I've figured measuring progress by inches is probably a bit too much to track progress on a weekly basis. You can probably lose a centimetre or two in a week, but an inch? It may be possible, but hey these are fragile moments in the weight loss conquest when even a slight progress is considered victory. So I've decided to measure the progress of my waistline reduction by the centimetre, and hopefully there'll be some progress I can share.

My waistline dropped 0.5cm this week. Hoorayy!!

So here are the results of my Weight Loss Challenge in its 3rd week:

Physical Indicators
Start weight: 81.1kg
Target weight: 72kg
Achieved after week 3: 79.7kg

Start waistline: 38 inches (96.52cm)
Target waistline: 33 inches (83.82cm)
Achieved after week 3: 38.8 inches (98.5cm)

Can't say if there has been much progress. My weight has remained about the same since the last progress check, although you would notice some marginal reduction of the waistline by half a centimetre. Hehe... any progress, though minimal, is cherished here.

Exercise
I have only managed to cycle a distance of 13 kilometres this week, and apart from that one session on the bike, not much can be said here. Work has been taking up most of my time and it seems that the only time I can squeeze in for an exercise would be early in the morning before going to work. The new pair of swimming trunks is still waiting to be used and I do hope I can start swimming as part of my exercise regime soon.

Food
I've managed to reduce the number of times I consume fast food these last 2 weeks, but whenever I did I would unfortunately help myself to a blockbuster treat. Note the 1 and a half pizza bingeing. I've consistently had small helpings for my meals, but I do hope I can control the fast food urges better in the future.

Summary
Generally, I feel a lot healthier ever since I started on this Weight Loss Challenge conquest. I feel fitter, healthier and at the risk of being accused of being delusional, my body looks more toned than before. Although whatever delusion I might have with that regards was quickly dispelled when, looking at my own side profile in the mirror this morning, I asked my wife what she thought:

Me: Sayang... do you think my tummy is a little flatter now?

Wifey: (With a slight glance at my tummy, non-chalantly responded) No...

Yeah, I need to work harder...

No comments: