Google
 

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Blogging Made Easy

Anyone who has been to my blog over the last couple of weeks would have noticed the significant changes that have been taking place here. For those who have not been here since forever (well, not surprisingly given the pathetic rate of updates here previously) would have felt like someone who only came back to Malaysia after having been abroad for over 30 years. I've made substantial feature updates here recently, that even I am myself impressed with how my blog looks like now.

There is a reason for the sudden flurry of changes here of late. I noted in this blog a couple of weeks ago about my mother in law starting out a new blog, to supplement her writing hobby / part time career. So, knowing that I already have a blog myself, she requested me to create one for her. Up to that point, I've never quite cared to find out how to upgrade the look of my blog, or even the features available out there that I could incorporate in it. Imagine my surprise when I ventured on creating a blog for my mother in law and finding out that the blogging world has taken a quantum leap ever since the days I started blogging.

Blogging has become significantly easier to do now compared to as recent as 3 years ago. I remember how I was struggling to even put up pictures in my posting, let alone to cosmetize its looks. There were not as many websites that offer applications (not to mention excellent and free too!) as there are now. In the 3 days break I had over the Hajj and Christmas holday, I explored and discovered applications to create a new blog, and my did I find myself into a totally new discovery. It did take most of the hours of my 3 days break then, but just like riding a bicycle, once you've learnt it, you won't be needing the tricycle anymore and be cycling without having to hold the handlebars anymore! It is easy to go overboard with adding new features given the stuffs that are available out there, and at certain points I just had to pull the reins and know where to stop. Otherwise it'll be like a street with too many light streamers that you could barely notice the traffic lights! Moderation is still virtue...

So after the end of the 3 days, and with further cosmetising over the last couple of weeks, my mother in law and I managed to create this blog for her. For good measure, she has gone on to create an english version of that same blog for english her english readers.

So what do I do next after having made all these discoveries to do with blogging? Upgrade my own blog of course! My blog has been in a sad state of neglect for a long time, that you could almost sense virtual cobwebs streaming all over it. And I've made a pledge to have more regular updates here this year also, so with hope and luck this blog will not be so dormant. The question is, will there be readers and visitors here after all these years? There might just be me and family members coming by. That's a good start. Until I can be certain of more regular updates, it feels like a false dawn to an era of new beginnings here.

I feel good about the changes I've made here. The blog feels brand new and grand to me. I hope you like it too...

No comments: