Google
 

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Frustration Vented

A Frustration Vented

Warning: Long, irrational bitching session ahead!

Much has been written about working with difficult people in an organisation. And perhaps just as much has been written about working with incompetent and stupid people. But if anyone out there knows a guide or anyone who can help me to work with a person who is stupid, incompetent, difficult, and too proud to work with despite her stupidity, please oh please tell me about it, because I feel like I’m really getting close to my wits end having to do so for close to a year now.

My colleague from hell is not showing any signs that she’ll be going back there anytime soon, and continuously causes mayhem in the workplace. Even after being here for more than a year, I wonder if she even knows what she’s supposed to do in the bigger scheme of things. In meetings, she will babble about things which never happens, and will claim to have done things that she never did. And in the process, she has continued to mislead the boss that the ship is in order and everything is fine and dandy. If my work wasn’t so closely related to hers, it would have been easier to close one eye and let her burn herself once the fire she’s causing burns out of control. But it’s just unfortunate that my work very much depends on the integrity of her work. I churn out the company’s performance reporting based on the numbers that she provides. And regularly over the last few months, I’ve been handed out rubbish for my reporting, which has caused further outrage by the boss and those departments whom performance I’m reporting for. And being the point of production of the official numbers, I feel like an anal passage suffering from a serious constipation, having to deal with all the rubbishes thrown at me within the limited time I have to produce the reports, while at the same time, getting the crap from the boss and line departments for being late and producing unreliable numbers.

My motivation has fluctuated violently. I feel like I need to cover for her for the good of the company while at the same time, just let her carry on the show, and allow her to expose her incompetence and stupidity for everyone to see once the skeletons burst out of the overloaded closet. Chances are if I chose the latter, I might get burnt too. ‘Why didn’t you alert her Izwan? You should have known better, having been around longer!’. The truth is I HAVE, but was anyone listening??!! And chances are when shit does happen, I’m gonna get some of the crap too. That’s justice for you.

How can people be so stupid and stuborn at the same time? How? I feel like quitting this company this instant just to stop having to work with her. She’s in her mid-30s and a spinster too, and at the rate she’s going, I do not see your status improving anytime soon gal. Only a doormat could withstand a stubborn no-brainer like you.

I feel better now… the wonder verbal dissentries could do to you.

No comments: