Google
 

Saturday, September 11, 2010

'Abah, I Think You're Going To Be Rich...'

A couple of days ago, Insyirah raised a curious subject for a conversation. I was driving the car at the time, with Insyirah sitting in the front seat with me, properly strapped in her booster seat. Wifey and Ihsan were in the back seat. It was the second weekend in the month of Ramadhan and we were driving to Subang Parade for some pre-Raya shopping.

I noticed that she was in considerable deep thought before she started:

Insyirah: Abah, I think one day you are going to be very rich...

I was slightly surprised by this sudden revelation of her thoughts, not to mention amused too.

Me: Amiin... I hope you're right Insyirah. But, what makes you say that?

Insyirah: Well, all men become rich one day...

She gave a slight pause after saying this, before continuing again, correcting herself...

Insyirah: But not all men... only some men become rich I think. Hmmm... but you Abah are going to be very rich...

Me: Thanks Insyirah... I hope you're right sayang. You know Insyirah, people say if you say it many times enough, what you say could become true you know.

Hearing this, Insyirah went on a jingle saying it again and again...

Insyirah: Abah's gonna be rich... Abah's gonna be rich... Abah's gonna be rich... and on and on she went...

It does make me wonder what made her say it all of a sudden. I can only hope that it becomes true one day, especially it was in the month of Ramadhan that she said it...;). Amiin.

To everyone out there, may you have had a very fruitful Ramadhan.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

No comments: