Google
 

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Post Holiday Blues

It is my second day at work, and already I’m feeling overwhelmed by work. Of course I was prepared for the barrages of work that was waiting for me after being away from the office for a week, but what I wasn’t prepared for was new tasks that my new boss have only thought off during the one week she was away from the office. And suddenly I have like 5 deadlines to meet in a space of a month, and I have to say we’re talking about big deadlines here. And with my brains and basically whole system been turned off for a good week during the festive season, I almost suffered from systems jam when faced with all this yesterday. I genuinely thought I was going to get a heart attack yesterday and went to bed early just in case. Ok la… I exaggerated a bit about the heart attack but lesser mortals than me might not have been so lucky.

It took me a week to rediscover my zest again over the holidays, and it just took one day to spoil all that. Sometimes I think my life evolves around work too much that it’s killing the very essence of the person I am. I hate to complain, because I know complaining takes you nowhere here. I woke up this morning pondering how much longer can I stand all this. The working environment, the colleague-from-hell who doesn’t seem to get any smarter by the day, a boss who has no clue what he’s supposed to do, and a new department head who seem to trust the dumb colleague more than anyone else, at the expense of some people (myself included) who are already frustrated with her legendary incompetence to begin with. At times, I can’t help but feel I’m stuck in a lost cause.

*Sigh* Ntah le..

No comments: