Google
 

Thursday, October 26, 2006

A New Face

So there.

I've finally decided to give this blog a makeover. Well, with the Aidilfitri fever very much lingering in the air, and people celebrating Raya still fresh with the sweat and joy of decorating their houses, I felt it befitting that I gave my blog a new look as well. Perhaps it has been a tad overdue too. My blog had had the old look for too long that to be honest, I was beginning to feel a bit sick of the layout myself. I guess it is normal to feel that way with progression of time. Now I understand why my mom keeps changing the arrangement of the furnitures at home.

It didn't take me long to choose this new layout. I'd had something soothing and easy on the eye template in mind, and the color green was pretty much in the criteria. My wife commented however that the flower in the background at the top of the blog might give a bit of a feminine feel to the blog, but I didn't care. First of all, I like flowers anyway and having flowers as part of my deco. And secondly, traffic into this blog is comparable to the birth rate in Singapore that I don't think I should worry too much about comments.

Who knows with a new template, I will feel revived to make this blog alive again with updates. After having this blog for 3 years, I realise I've not really been able to live up to it. If I may be honest, it has been as much a source of an inspiration as it is embarassment to me. Inspiration as an outlet for me to pour whatever little literary talent I may (or may not) have. An embarassment for the lack of updates and substance that I have on it. Still, I feel compelled to allow this blog to exist rather than shutting it down. Surprisingly, I've made over a 100 postings here since it's inception. That fact alone is a worthy justification for it's existence.

Here's to a new face, and a refreshing future.

Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf Zahir Batin.

No comments: