Google
 

Friday, January 23, 2004

Of Games and Life on Mars

Another late night for me. Didn't get to do much today. I woke up almost noon time, took my bath and after my Zuhur prayers, spent almost the whole day in front of the computer playing games. There are moments when I could spend hours and hours in front of the computer playing games. I know it's not really the most productive thing to do, but it is the easiest thing to direct my currently mindless mind to do. There's a saying that mindless minds engage in games, while an active one engages in ideas. I need ideas... ideas... that should be another resolution of mine for the new year. To engage myself in ideas.

Received an e-mail from one of my mailing groups today on pictures taken on Mars recently by what's-its-name probe sent by NASA to the red planet recently. Looking at the pictures alone, you could have easily mistaken it for pictures taken on one of the deserts on earth (I wish I knew how to paste pictures on my blog!). The interesting question that always pops up when Mars is in discussion is always the inevitable: "Are we alone?". Makes me wonder as well. Maybe Mars really is inhabited by living beings, which chooses to hide when they see our space probes coming into their air space. Or maybe Mars is inhabited by spirits (!), which if you think of it is rather plausible. Perhaps the 'aliens' in space that we always talk about are not exactly physically like us, rather more in a form that can't be seen with the naked eye. Hmmm... in that case, maybe they should send the bomohs there to check out if spirits do roam the place!

Checking out. Time to hit the sack...

No comments: