Google
 

Sunday, October 12, 2003

The Week That Was


It is past midnight and it is now Sunday. It has been a rather eventful week. Work is murder as always, and I am going to the office tomorrow (or today rather). Was thinking of going today, but my mind and body just rejected the idea. All work and no play makes Izwan an unhappy boy.. hehe.. So I went to accompany my parents and my sister with her hubby and 2 nieces for shopping. The traffic on Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman was horrendous. It made me realize it has been a long while since I went there for shopping. Was it last year’s Raya? Hmm… can’t remember.

Been doing some surfing of other fellow bloggers’ sites. It has been an eye-opening experience. The blog that caught my attention the most is Nisa_rk’s. I have to say that her banner is rather daring, and she has some interesting items as well in her entries. The one about the footballer’s penis showing out of his towel while he’s celebrating his team’s victory in a picture on a national newspaper is something that you don’t get to see happening everyday. The picture was published in Singapore’s Berita Harian. For those who wish to take a peek (of the picture, not the penis… well, what’s the difference..), you can click here for direct access to Nisa_rk’s site and the story which was posted in her blog on the 29th September 2003.

Another fellow blogger is a lecturer in UTP. She is still young, in the age range of 21-25. It is kinda interesting reading her related experiences of teaching, and the sort of things that she has to deal with as a young lecturer. An entry that she made on a poem by Robert Frost titled ‘The Road Not Taken' is of particular interest. It is a favourite poem of mine too… An excerpt of the poem (and arguably the most famous of the poem too) is as follows:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."


Imagine giving someone advice on a better way to do something and adding this bit of the poem to that advice. Whoa.. won't that make you look good. Coincidentally I was going to put the poem up on my blog too, but she beat me to it! For more interesting musings of a UTP lecturer, you can click here for direct access to Ain's blog.

Watched a movie this week titled The Roman Springs of Mrs Stone. I didn’t quite get to watch the whole of the movie, but a quote in the movie caught my attention. ‘When you’re in love, never listen to the things that he/she says out of anger, but just look in his/her eyes and see the love’. Kinda catchy I thought.

Well off to bed for me for now. The office awaits tomorrow… boo hoo!

No comments: