Google
 

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Another weekend at the office

My.. how time flies. It felt like only yesterday that I made my last posting here, when in actual fact it has been 4 months. Pheww... and how so many things have happened in that same time. I remember when I did my last posting about my toilet extravaganza, I just sat for my ACCA exams. Which probably explains why I was in a such literary mood at that time. I guess studying in your spare time does that to you. I know I've been so quiet since that it's a wonder that I still have hits coming into September. Well, perhaps it wouldn't come too much of a surprise if you realise that I've got a strong backing for visitors with my site being generously listed in Sarini's blog. I could not thank you enough Sarini. You tips and pointers on blogging will come in useful.

At the moment, it is another busy season for me at work. I was in the office yesterday, and nearly went again today if not for a family engagement that my mother insists I could not skip (among the things mothers will say to corner you into submission). September being the half-year of my company's financial period, it is the time of half year audit and performance reporting to the company board. What will make it more interesting this time is that for the first time, I would have to be at the forefront of all the action, since my senior colleague, who's been the person in charge all this while, will be going on maternity leave. I am feeling kinda anxious about the prospect of being passed the reins completely. Of course, I've never backed from a challenge and would relish the prospect. I do feel it is high time for me to be given something meatier at work. Hey, you would never know how tough you are until you scale a real challenge right? When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.. hehe.. which means regular attendance for me at the office over weekends for the next few weeks. With a life like this, who needs a social life right? Haha.. I'm talking from my backside again.

I hope to post more interesting stuffs here more regularly from now on. Sorry my blog environment is rather bland. I'm either too IT illiterate to put some extras to my blog make-up, or just too cheapskate to spend on the means that would allow me to do so. Any suggestion out there on how I could improve the make-up of my blog? Don't expect any free gifts for great suggestions though.. : - )

No comments: