Google
 

Friday, November 10, 2006

Morning Babble

My company will hold its Raya Open House for the staffs today at one of the hotels in KL, and everyone's asked to turn up with their spankiest outfit. The Open House is scheduled to take place in the afternoon after the Friday prayers but I believe given the excitement and huha that has come with its anticipation, not much can be established in the office in the morning. As you can imagine, the women have started congregating amongst them comparing their latest fashionable baju kurung/kebaya and accessories that they (perhaps quietly) wish will be the envy of the other women and attraction of the men. Ntah le.. I do find this behaviour rather funny and so woman-like. It's like "see, see, look at what I'm wearing", or "hopefully this is good enough to land me the best dressed female prize". Haiyaa... the things that women crave for just baffles me.

Anyway, on the office front I've almost come to terms with the situation here. The trick is to keep a stone face and just keep moving on, regardless if the deadline has passed or not. I am not saying deadlines are not important, coz if I do think that I might as well work for AirAsia and not this company I'm working in now. But I'm not going to kill myself stretching myself any thinner as I already have now because it's crazy. I just have to keep marching on and hope that my sanity will still preserve at the end of it all. As it is, the stress that I'm experiencing has resulted in some behaviours of mine that resembles a female suffering from PMS.

Yeah, I get annoyed over the simplest things these days. Things like the women in the office busying themselves over petty stuffs like their baju raya. Or the boss talking nonsense about the company's Corporate Agenda in the department meeting yesterday. Ntah le.. in a way I don't mind feeling this way because it is a sign that I'm always on my toes, thus my nerves are more easily touched than usual. I've just been clenching my teeth and say it's ok and it's not their fault. And to help me calm myself, I've been playing lounge music on my PC, although I've just found out that it has made my colleague sitting next to me sleepy. Bet she's annoyed with me too now...

There's nothing like sharing your annoyance with the people around you. Hehe...

No comments: