Google
 

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm Back

I'm Back

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way,
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) sunshiny day.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) sunshiny day."


I’m suddenly feeling a sense of contentment and peace. It is quite a change from what I had been experiencing over the last 2 months. I had been so overwhelmed by the stresses at work, a rather worrying financial situation, and not to mention the strain of studying for my remaining ACCA papers. All these factors combining into one big combo, I was beginning to wonder when would I ever reach the end of the tunnel. Perhaps now I finally have...

As described above, many things have happened in my life since my last posting. Things had picked up speed almost considerably I may say, more than what I was prepared for. If anything, the experiences in the last couple of months have taught me a number of things. Among others, I have to get myself in order to be well prepared for whatever challenges life throws at you. In my case, I guess I wasn’t. Upon reflection, I guess I’m still grappling with the reality and responsibilty of a husband and father, and subconsciously my mind is somehow still frozen to my bachelor days. I need to be more organised, more calm, and yeah, more responsible. These are the things I need to improve should I want to progress far in my life.

The other thing I’ve realised and learnt was that spiritually I had been heading towards the worse. Perhaps I had sensed that a long time even before recently, but I guess it only hit home on me now. I had been late in performing my prayers, I had not been reciting the Quran as frequently as I should, and I had not been trying to enrich my soul with knowledge and awareness of Islam. That perhaps led to my sense of aimlessness and hopelessness that I had been experiencing. I have to thank my wife for being the broken radio (in a good sense that is) who kept reminding me to perform my duties as a good Muslim and as someone who could set a good example to her and my little child. Thanx dear... I knew you would hold me up when my chips are down.

Now with the horizon seemingly clear and my natural zest returning, my spirit feels refreshed and everything feels possible. I feel like I can do almost anything. My morale is high, and what’s more I am feeling like a new car that’s come out of the assembly line, and now going through its tune up phase. In other words, I have this sense that things will only get better, Insya-Allah. After some moments of struggle in the arena, the toreador has finally managed to tame the bull.

Torro!! Torro!! ;-)

No comments: