Google
 

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Return of The Newly Wed

Return of The Newly Wed

Boy it has been another long hiatus for me. After my last entry on the troubling text messages I had received, I had been very preoccupied with the wedding preparation. Alhamdulillah, the nikah went smoothly well on the 4th of September 2004. The akad had to be done 3 times however, though in no way it was my fault if you please. My now father in law was the one who performed the akad on me, and I am proud to say *ehem*ehem* that I was as cool as ice when I uttered my part of the akad. However, one of the witnesses of the nikah was quite particular about the way the akad sentences were uttered, and we had to repeat the process twice. Not that I’m complaining. Looking back, it gave me the chance to bask in the limelight longer, and savour this one in a lifetime moment. Insya-Allah… :-)

So what can I say about life after marriage? Well, in short I would say it is an enriching experience. Suddenly, I am responsible over someone else’s well being. And I had never been responsible over any other life-being bigger than a gold fish previously! So a great paradigm shift was required here. It feels like a call towards being a more responsible and accountable person. While previously my main concern used to be what strategy to apply for my football Championship Manager game, now it has turned to how should I manage this union that is my marriage. It has only been a month, and I’m still learning.

The best part of marriage is of course the companionship. While previously I had to wake up on my own, now I wake up with a lovely lady beside me. The idea might sound tempting, but some of you might be surprised to know that it is not really the physical part of the relationship that one cherishes the most. It is simply the presence of your significant other, both physically and emotionally, that makes it meaningful. While previously I would have to go over a personal problem on my own, now I have someone to share it with. 2 heads make better work than 1. ‘I’ rarely exist anymore. Most of the time, it’s ‘We’.

We went on our honeymoon between the 22nd September and 2nd October in the land of Lord of The Rings. Look out for my next entry for a rather long account of the whole trip. There will be pics too, so if you don’t care to read what a love-drunken honeymooning husband has to babble, you can always look at the beautiful scenery in the pictures. :-p

Till then, ciao for now!

No comments: